Apart from being safe, affordable and non-invasive, these machines are also portable. For more than 50 years now, ultrasound machines have been used by doctors to determine what is wrong with the body and helped them implement the most effective means to cure it. Given below are some uses of ultrasound machines in various fields:
- In gynecology, ultrasound machines, with the help of probes, diagnose solid or cystic masses in the pelvic area. Men with prostate and colon problems can also be examined by using the custom probes.
- Ultrasound machines are used to examine thyroid, gall bladder, spleen, breasts and other organs, and can be used to locate a foreign object in the eye. They are also used in fine needle biopsy procedures.
- Most veterinarians use ultrasound machines to probe cats, dogs, sheep, goats, horses and cows to make fast diagnoses.
- Apart from these, ultrasound machines are used by physical therapists to treat Fibromyalgia, arthritis and other injuries.
- Now days, miniature, portable ultrasound machines can be purchased for a very small price and are also available online for sale. As the prices of these hand-held ultrasound devices keep coming down, they are being increasingly used by doctors, physicians and veterinarians.